Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's Gettin Hot In Her'e

Thing #20, took a Bikram Yoga class....aka Hot Yoga.

How hot was it?  I don't even know, but at one point I believe she said "it's going to get hotter in here".  Was a little difficult for me to understand all of what was being said. I don't know if this was because the sound seemed to echo in the room and she seemed to be shouting at times, or if the heat was affecting my brain. I don't think I have ever sweated so much.  I did take her suggestion to newcomers "If you feel too hot just rest for a pose or two",  Heck yeah, I'm gonna rest, so that my sweaty body doesn't slap the floor when I pass out.

The heat and humidity really does help with the flexibility, I was definitely able to twist various body parts that I can't normally do.  Although the sweating that it produces also makes it practically impossible to keep a hold onto your foot, elbow, whatever.

During the "cool down" she slightly cracked the door open and I was so thankful to feel just the slightest bit of cool fresh air creeping in.  My clothing was completely drenched by the end of the class, and I swear, either the interior of my ears were sweating or sweat had dripped down into them cause they were full of sweat as I was leaving the class.

I will definitely try it again, but no way am I stepping foot in that locker room, that's gotta be a hotbed of germs in there.


No comments:

Post a Comment