Wednesday, February 15, 2012

No Guts No Glory

Ok, I'm in.

This morning I woke up before the alarm, something I haven't done in a long long time.  Debated if I should get up and do the mile, or just pass on it.  Made the mistake of rolling over and touching the dimmer on the clock.  I keep the clock dark, I like it totally black when I sleep, not even a crack in the blinds here.

When I stirred it woke up Sammy.  Once she's up there's no going back to sleep.  She does this thing where she buries her face in the covers, but disturbs you at the same time.  If that doesn't work, she will jump off the bed and scratch at the door.  When that doesn't work she jumps back on the bed and pounces on me. 

So I figured it was a sign.  I'm supposed to do the miles. 

Wasn't too bad.  A little cold, but invigorating too.  

So the count is on.  2 miles down, 49 to go.

On a side note.....As we were leaving work today I noticed it was still raining, and the sun was out.  Bet there's a rainbow somewhere.  When we walked out the doors there it was right in front of us, stretched across the sky from one end to the other.  Wish I would have thought to take a picture of it then. 

On the way home I pulled out my phone and started snapping shots.

You've heard of "Storm Chasers"?  I was a Rainbow Chaser this evening.




Started singing "It never rains in southern, California....."



Somewhere over the rainbow.........

Was a comple arch from left to right....was so big I couldn't get the whole thing in one shot.


And here is Sammy, all snuggled up for the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment