Thursday, May 5, 2011

Honey Badger? Or Why its so hard being me.....

T sent me an email today saying at work they have a volley ball team, and they've decided to call themselves the "Honey Badgers".  Said they are talking about wearing shirts that have a badger on it, so she was looking online and found this one:


Honey Badger Shirt

So she emailed it to everyone and gradually hears people start cracking up and saying "OMG, that's the one!".

So here's why its so hard to be me.......

I can't just read the email, look at the picture and leave it at that.  I have to "think" it through.  First thought is "I wonder if T is on the team?".......doesn't sound like it, just sounds like she's lookin for shirts.  Too bad, she'd have fun...although there is some pressure being on a sports team...usually they want you to be good at the sport...... they are so competitive.  I remember being on a softball team, we called ourselves "Top Guns" (was in the 80's you know Tom Cruise, all the rage, yada, yada, yada)  Anyway, we sucked.  Didn't win one game.  In fact I think we only played one game....against a team of PE coaches.  They kicked our asses....we were laughing-stocks....we must have quit after that cause that's the only game I remember playing, and I think that was just a pre-season game.   But I did keep the T-shirt for a long time....I think one of my kids still uses it as a sleep shirt.

Second thought is:  Honey Badger?  What's a Honey Badger?  Is it different from a regular badger?  Does it eat honey?  Why'd they pick Honey Badger?  Should I google Honey Badger?  Did they have to pick animal names?  Is that why they chose it?  Why not choose something like Gladiators, Trojans, Top Guns.....something that inspires a little more fear?  Honey Badgers?  Are Badgers vicious?  or wusses?  Who picked this name?  Did they come from some weird state like North Dakota?  Somewhere where badgers are prolific?  Do they have a fondness for badgers?  Was it hard for them to talk their fellow teammates into embracing the name Honey Badger?''

FINE, just google it!

Ok, first thing that comes up is:  Crazy Nastyass Honey Badger.....hmmm....maybe there is more to this than first glance.  Next on google is "Honey Badger The Most Fearless Animal on the Planet"....wow, I have seriously underestimated the Honey Badger.  I'm afraid to click any of these links cause I'm still at work...I mean come on....make sure the sound is down....I don't want to be caught surfing something I shouldn't...even if I am on my lunch break!

Ok, next reference appears to be from an episode of Glee....along with this little comment:

The Guinness Book of World Records has awarded the honey badger with the title "the most fearless animal in the world." In the National Geographic video below, we see the honey badger wrestle with creatures that would have us running back to our Jeep Wranglers screaming for Mommy.We're not entirely why Sue associates honey badgers with Terri Schuester (Jessalyn Gilsig) who finally returned to "Glee" tonight after a long absence, but we guess we'd classify both Terri and the honey badger as completely freaking crazy.

So I'll share this you tube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Come on, if you can watch and listen to (this total gay guy) and get through this gay video.....ok, Honey Badger is Bad Ass....go ahead and name your volley ball team.

See why its so hard to be me?

No comments:

Post a Comment