Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Calling it quits.

This was the first morning that I seriously considered calling it quits. Like what's the point? Why keep kicking my ass for this 50/50 anyway?

I decided to go ahead and do the mile cause I might regret throwing away the 16 previous miles. Besides, it's just a mile right? Half a mile out and half a mile back.

And wouldn't you know today is the day that I almost get hit by a car. Some guy comes barrelling out of a driveway as I'm half way across it, he's looking down the street and never even sees me in front of him.

Moral of the story: You can wear the "Nerd Alert Vest", run on the proper side of the street, not wear your ipod so you can hear the cars, do all the things you can do to insure your safety, but you can never control the variables, the drivers, safe in their cocoons of steel, distracted by all of their thoughts, and on autopilot.

Mile #17 done, worst time yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment